In today’s Columbus Dispatch (Sunday, October 22, 2017), Adam Jardy provides an interesting perspective on the point guard position. Adam made the point that Coach Chris Holtmann would be attempting “to squeeze everything he can out of a position significantly low on depth”. In the next paragraph, Jardy lists CJ Jackson, Jae’Sean Tate and Andrew Dakich as the players vying for playing time at that position. If there are three players available for this position, are we really low on depth, or does this indication concern about the style of play the new coach wants at this position compared to the previous coach? I remember last year, about this time, Coach Matta was promoting Jae’Sean Tate for consideration for the “Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year” post-season award (.http://www.hoophall.com/awards/the-julius-erving-award/). Does this foreshadow the role and position that Jae-Sean Tate will have this year? Will Jae’Sean Tate be playing any Small Forward this year, will he split time at the two positions, or be the point guard?
- Episode 70 – NCAA – Ohio State 84 Gonzaga 90 March 26, 2018
- Episode 69 – NCAA – Gonzaga Pre-Game March 17, 2018
- Episode 068 – NCAA – South Dakota State 73 Ohio State 81 March 16, 2018
- Episode 067 – NCAA – South Dakota State Pre-Game March 14, 2018
- Episode 066 – BTT – Penn State 69 Ohio State 68 March 14, 2018